Temporary Low Cost Travel Cafe
This standby forum will soon upgrade to the new Low Cost Travel Cafe.
Explore the rest of the Travel Cafe to find more features.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
BlogsBlogs    My BlogWeblogs News

Air Asia X reveals GBP 350 London-KL return flights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Temporary Low Cost Travel Cafe Forum Index -> -> News on Low Cost Airlines in Asia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
attitudetravel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Air Asia X reveals GBP 350 London-KL return flights If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Well, the flights are going to cost GBP 350 return instead of GBP 300 return (I thought it was supposed to be GBP 100 one-way - what happened to that figure?!), and the route will commence in Spring or Summer 2009, instead of before Christmas 2008...

... but Air Asia X is finally going to start operating long-haul low cost between Kuala Lumpur and London Stansted.

Quote:
Air Asia X is banking on appealing to business travellers to fill a front cabin of 58 premium economy seats to offset the lower-priced economy seats at the back of the aircraft. Both sets of passengers will have to pay for food, but there will be seat-back entertainment screens in both cabins.

Source: Air Asia X to launch UK-Malaysia flights

Last edited by attitudetravel on Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
attitudetravel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

This all looks a bit unambitious next to what Oasis offered.

The Hong Kong based long-haul low cost carrier had one-way flights from London Gatwick to Hong Kong for a lot less than GBP 175 including taxes and the in-flight meals were included.

(Okay, they tasted like soggy cardboard, but at least you didn't have to get your wallet out).
MHG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

attitudetravel wrote:
This all looks a bit unambitious next to what Oasis offered.

The Hong Kong based long-haul low cost carrier had one-way flights from London Gatwick to Hong Kong for a lot less than GBP 175 including taxes and the in-flight meals were included.

(Okay, they tasted like soggy cardboard, but at least you didn't have to get your wallet out).

"Less than 175,-GBP" - yes, that´s why they failed (among other mistakes)
The food was not that bad, though !
I´ve flown Oasis once so I know what i´m talking about ! (I paid 159,-EUR ow incl. tax)
Of course the choice was limited to 2 different dishes but the amount was sufficient and the taste was at least "average" (i´ve had much worse food on popular legacies already)
Konangrit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Certainly not as cheap as Oasis, but cheaper than current airlines, especially if only booking one way. I'm surprised that they won't have a limited number of seats at a lower price than this though.

It might be cheaper than £175 to fly KL - STN due to departure tax only being £4 from KLIA LCCT as opposed to £40 from the UK, but I guess some of this will be offset by the extra fuel required to fly East to West.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Temporary Low Cost Travel Cafe Forum Index -> -> News on Low Cost Airlines in Asia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: