Temporary Low Cost Travel Cafe
This standby forum will soon upgrade to the new Low Cost Travel Cafe.
Explore the rest of the Travel Cafe to find more features.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
BlogsBlogs    My BlogWeblogs News

Air Asia to introduce routes to India in November

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Temporary Low Cost Travel Cafe Forum Index -> -> News on Low Cost Airlines in Asia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
attitudetravel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Air Asia to introduce routes to India in November If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I spoke to Tony Fernandes this morning at the World Low Cost Airlines Congress 2008 in London and he told me that Air Asia plans to commence flights from Kuala Lumpur to Southern India as soon as November 6th, 2008.

Fernandes, (whose father is originally from Goa), outlined the airline's development strategy, explaining that Air Asia will begin by flying to cities in the southern Indian states of Kerala and Tamil Nadu and only then introduce routes to cities in Northern India.

Fernandes did not confirm, but the city of Tiruchirapally (Trichy) has long been within Air Asia's sights and is likely to be the airline's first Indian destination from Kuala Lumpur.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Temporary Low Cost Travel Cafe Forum Index -> -> News on Low Cost Airlines in Asia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: