Temporary Low Cost Travel Cafe
This standby forum will soon upgrade to the new Low Cost Travel Cafe.
Explore the rest of the Travel Cafe to find more features.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
BlogsBlogs    My BlogWeblogs News

Air Arabia commences flights to Ukraine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Temporary Low Cost Travel Cafe Forum Index -> -> News on Low Cost Airlines in Europe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
attitudetravel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Air Arabia commences flights to Ukraine If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Air Arabia will commence low cost flights between Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates and Kyiv, the Ukrainian capital, on October 15th, 2008.

It's not clear what Air Arabia's strategy is here, because the opening one-way fare - EUR 192 including taxes, doesn't really resemble anything that might be described as a "low fare".
MHG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Arabia commences flights to Ukraine If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

attitudetravel wrote:
Air Arabia will commence low cost flights between Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates and Kyiv, the Ukrainian capital, on October 15th, 2008.

It's not clear what Air Arabia's strategy is here, because the opening one-way fare - EUR 192 including taxes, doesn't really resemble anything that might be described as a "low fare".

Well, 192,-EUR ow incl. tax is quite a good deal. Don´t forget that the pax mix on a LCC is different from the legacies - no subsidise of lower fares through full-fare paying biz travellers ...

Next to this be aware that the price mentioned is not neccessarily the lowest availlable at a later stage !
I´ve rarely seen an airline entering a new market (except for FR) offering immediately the lowest fares without waiting some time to see how individual flights fill up !
attitudetravel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Quote:
I´ve rarely seen an airline entering a new market (except for FR) offering immediately the lowest fares without waiting some time to see how individual flights fill up !

Yes, that's a fair point - Ryanair is fairly exceptional in that regard, I suppose.

Air Arabia tried, some time back, to offer flights from Sharjah to Moscow and ended up withdrawing from the Russian market.

I wonder if, having learned from that experience, it is entering the Ukrainian market more cautiously.
Konangrit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Air Arabia aren't that cheap anyway, but this is pretty expensive IMO.

I would like to fly to Europe from Asia on short haul low cost airlines at some point in the future, and this route really interests me as I've never been to Ukraine before, but at this price it's a bit too expensive compared to how much the other legs would cost.

Looking at how they price their other flights and what offers they have I don't hold much hope that this route will be any cheaper in the future either.

I'd really like to see Wizz look South and East at some point in the future.

It's also worth noting that along with Kyiv Air Arabia will also be starting flights to Nairobi, unfortunately priced the same as their Kyiv flights. I don't know how many Ukrainians will want to pay €800 to go on Safari though. It is the first "low cost" airline to fly to Kenya anyway.
attitudetravel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Quote:
Air Arabia aren't that cheap anyway

I think Air Arabia charges higher fares right now than it could do because it faces very little competition on the routes which it flies.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Air Arabia's fares after the Emirates low cost subsidiary FlyDubai launches.
milfordplaza

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

To date it's consistently offered the least expensive way to fly from most parts of Europe to this beautiful, remote country on the Black Sea.

Manhattan Travel
lawrenceemily

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I am a newbie here and thanks for the info attitudetravel.
hotellolanyc01

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Currently it's continually provided the least costly way to fly from most components of European countries to this wonderful, distant nation on the Dark-colored Sea.

Times Square Hotel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Temporary Low Cost Travel Cafe Forum Index -> -> News on Low Cost Airlines in Europe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: